Friday, September 14, 2007

I miss being a fisherman.

I miss being a fisherman.

Goan and laid back. Yeah it is not NP hard to catch fish. Or is it? well well well. The truth is that NP hard or NP soft, it does not really matter. Check your premises, what matters is :-
1) Does it make you happy?
2) Does it fill your stomach.

Thats it. Thats it thats it thats it. For your information I am typing under the influence of the best wine available in Goa. Vinicola. Coming back to the point...

We need to learn... excuse me, correction... "I" need to learn that I earn, to make myself happy and to fill my stomach. Thats it thats it thats it. Please, excuse my grammer. And so I say... I miss being a fisherman. Because I love fish. I love eating fish. And I love fish. thats it .. thats it thats it thats it. I can't believe I have to struggle to be simple! Now to those of you who demand reason. Is there any honour greater than satisfying your needs ? This thought occured to me on seeing the Greek coastline in the movie "The sisterhood of the traveling pants". No, do not laugh, I realised, that logically I should have been a fisherman. I should have given it a shot at least! And I must say that I miss being a fisherman. Yes. I miss doing something that feeds me directly. I miss the simplicity of life.


Hunt, catch, eat. Thats it, thats it thats it. Its as simple as that. And only when you understand this basic funda, can you try to understand NP hard problems and dream to solve them.


I miss being a fisherman.

3 comments:

Vips said...

Dude, go and live a fisherman's life, thats it thats it thats it.....why bother about anything else....but first read your own blog once you come out of the hang over of the best goan wine, and make out if its NP hard or NP soft

mostly harmless said...

Yeah... after the hangover I found out that I would miss being a software engineer if I was a fisherman.

So I will buy my fish from the market.

Saurabh Khadke said...

ditto...same here...likewise...and all other phrases that mean that i am missing fish too.